Friday, November 18, 2016
Ray Charles Performing Arts Center
Groups are eligible to apply for the SoJam 2016 Competition if they are made up entirely of full-time students OR are a recognized student group affiliated with a high school, college, or university and adhere to their school’s student group bylaws. All questions about this rule should be directed to a SoJam producer.
We want to see your group at this year’s competition! How to submit:
- Make a video (5-10 minutes)
- Your group singing 2 stylistically contrasting songs (can be song fragments)
- Entries must consist of vocal music only
- Video must be a live performance and consist of most of the current school year’s group members (2016-2017). If you would like to use a video from a past concert you may, but please be sure that the submission reflects what we should expect from your group at SoJam.
- Purchase all of your group’s All Access Passes.
- Upload the video to YouTube, make it private, and send the link to email@example.com by Friday, October 7.
In order to be considered for the SoJam 2016 Scholastic Competition ALL group members must purchase All Access Passes. No exceptions.
A diverse selection of a cappella judges, experts, and enthusiasts will serve on the Selection Committee for SoJam 2016 and will choose the top groups they would like to see perform in the Scholastic Competition. Neither the Competition Judges nor the SoJam producers are part of the Selection Committee to ensure as fair a competition process as possible.
Dates to Remember
- October 7, 2016 – Submissions due no later than 11:59pm Eastern.
- October 14, 2016 – Competitors announced
- TBA – Group profiles, pictures and set information due
- Friday, November 18, 2016 – SoJam 2016 Competition
Questions? Concerns? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.